Thursday, March 15, 2012


Today Sizzix is offering more travel stamps and a pair of sizing keys to people who link pictures of the location of their Vagabond in the world.

In January I bought the Sizzix Tim Holtz Vagabond diecutter later today I am going to give it a workout.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Finally Made Something with the Imagine

I bought the Imagine in May 2011, but today is the first time I have really used it. When I first bought it I set it up, calibrated it and was ready to use it, but I didn't have anymore white paper. I ordered two packs of Bazzill from HSN in October. At the end of November I was ready to give it a go, but the black ink cartridge wasn't working. In January I called Provocraft and told them about the ink situation and they sent me not only a new black, but also a new color ink cartridge. Today I finally installed the new ink cartridges and I gave the machine a whirl.

I made two cards using the birdcage on page 24 of the Imagine More Cards cartridge. I chose to use the layers option. I used foam popups to raise the flower and the sentiments. Than I used the foam popups to add the whole design to the card.

The card base is embossed using the Script Cuttlebug folder and the Cuttlebug. The sentiment medallion was cut using the X-Large Fiskars Oval punch. The sentiment is a clear Heros Art acrylic stamp.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Alphabet Book for Malia

I decided to make an alphabet book for my one year old great granddaughter, Malia Rose using the letters of her name. The base of each page was cut from cereal boxes using the Cricut Expression with the deep blade and housing. (blade 4, pressure 6, multicut 2).  The rectangle with rounded corners were taken from the Cricut George &  Basic Shapes cartridge. The letters, phrases and images are found on the Kate's ABCs cartridge.
The pages are nine(9) inches long by five(5) to seven point twenty five(7.25) inches in quarter(1/4) inch increments wide. The alphabet letters used were welded to the base using the Provocraft Gypsy.

DCWV pastel cardstock and DCWV dots, stripes and plaids cardstock were cut using the same designs as the base using the Expression with the regular blade and housing( blade 6, pressure 6, multicut 2). NOTE: for the dots, stripes and plaids used for the reverse side of the page all the pages must be flipped in the Gypsy. The paper was run through the nine inches Xyron to be applied to the page base.

To obtain the full alphabet letter on each page: one set in pastel dots were cut for the page and one set in pale yellow were cut in reverse(flipped) for the other side of the page. They were glued to their respective pages using the Zig 2 Way glue applicator.

The phrases and shapes were sized on the Gypsy and cut with the Expression for each page. I was able to use scrapes of paper in my stash. All the layers were adhered using Zig 2 Way glue applicators.

The covers of the book were cut from cardboard at nine and a half (9 1/2) by seven and a half (7 1/2) using a Fiskars paper trimmer and the corners were rounded using the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chromper. DCWV pastel paper was cut the same way and run through the Xyron to adhere to the cardboard cover.

The We R Memory Keepers Cinch was used to bind the book. The decorative chipboard letters on the cover of the book I bought at least five years ago and I don't know who to credit.